LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arduino Stepper Motor

I am using LabVIEW Interface for Arduino to try and control a stepper motor. When I run the example vi I can select the stepper motor number and it will run; however, when I press stop and run the vi again I have to increment the stepper motor number by one. Can anyone explain how the stepper # constant work. Also, why is this particular value used as a local variable instead of just pased through from configuring the motor to the closing the motor?

Thank,

Chris

Message 1 of 3
(3,978 Views)

What do you mean you have to increment the stepper # when you run it again?  How many times do you have to do it before it just stops working?  What control method are you using?  Did you change anything in the example?

Regarding the local variable:  The usage of the local variables in the stepper example are equivalent to simply wiring the stepper number through because the value can never change once the terminal is read for stepper motor configuration.  It is generally recommended to avoid the use of local variables to prevent possible race conditions so you can change it if you like.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,871 Views)

Hi Im having the same problem as well.

For me, I start the code when I first open labview and it works just fine. Then I press the stop button (not the abort), try running it again. This time it doesnt move, however when I change the Stepper number it begins to work. I do not understand why this is happening. I am purely using the ArduinoStepperMotor.vi example code with no changes other than telling the initialization what port my arduino is in and the my baud rate is.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,871 Views)