LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arduino development help

Wow.....

I originally posted a couple days ago on the post and got reprimanded because I inadvertantly posted the same thing twice thinking the first didn't go through. That seems to be a big problem. Sorry.

Today I got reprimanded because it seems I posted on the wrong forum group also.....

I am a little apprehensive hitting send after this but I REALLY need some development help and for some reason, felt this might be the right place to investigate options.

Let me try again.......I am new to LabVIEW and weak at the Arduino. I do however have an application that I need developed as a project using both.

I am willing to pay for hourly help to get this project moving. I am convinced it is the correct approach but need help getting it started.

I am trying to get streaming telemetry from a Simulated Racing program to display on a lab view generated screen through he Arduino. On the surface, seems very basic and simple but I am not very versed in the inner workings.

I am looking for someone that is willing to discuss this application with me and talk about how to move forward. Again, I am willing to buy consulting time from them. I am just passionate about this project and need help to jump start it.

For a little more detail.....

I  actually have two projects that I need to accomplish.

1.) I want to create a user interface screen on an LCD monitor that has buttons and toggle switches. After messing with the LabVIEW software some, I have been able to create the screens. When the buttons or switches are activated, they need to send a signal to the computer that emulates a keyboard push. If you are familiar with flight or racing simulator games, you can assign keys on your key board to specific functions or actions that you use within the game. I have a small business that does this currently using hard wired controls in an enclosure and then interfaces them to the computer via USB utilizing an Arduino Leonardo under the keyboard emulation mode.

2.) Similar to #1, I want to use an LCD screen to show telemetry output from a Sim game called iRacing. (See iRacing.com for more info.) iRacing streams this output and there are many threads and articles on the web about it and how to get the data, it is just that I know nothing about what they are refering to. (API?) My son has been able to crudely accomplish this by streaming to an UNO and then displaying gear indicator and rev lights on a small 7 segment LED and discrete LEDs. He is unavailable to help at this time and I want to move this project forward. In both cases, the ouput stream iRacing gives you has all of this data within it. I attached a very crude screen shot of what I have done so far but I just need get the communication and base structure work done to feed it.

In both cases, I feel if I could get a base .VI done that works with a switch input in the case of item 1 and at least one piece of telemetry displayed in the case of item 2, I can develop it into a final product beyond that. I am not convinced an Arduino is necessary in either case it just happens to be something I am currently using in item 1 and my son used for a primitive item 2.

Again, if you, or someone you may know, is interested in helping, I am willing to buy time. It seems many people are willing to help step by step on forums but they assume that I am more educated and savy in the electronics field than what I am unfortunately. My time is very limited and I need to move these forward.

Thank you again for any suggestions or direction you may be able to give me and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Steve P

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,646 Views)