LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blinking and dimming LED

Hello,

I have the vi in the appendix. So I can dim an LED on the Arduino uno.

However, I want the LED flashes at a certain clock. The LED should light after one second for 0.2 seconds.

How can I achieve this? Is it possible to swich between the states, flashing and duration bright?

Thank you for your Help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,510 Views)

You cannot do that with PWM because the frequency that you would require (less that 1 Hz) is not possible.  Unfortunately, I have doubts that you would be able to do it reliably in LabVIEW (but that is your best chance) especially if you plan on adding more functionality to your VI.

It would be better if you could describe what you are actually trying to do and why.

Also, FYI, you should consider switching to LINX if possible.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,291 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply. It should be programmed in LabView.
For an experimental setup for determination of the "Black Wave" of the eye, an LED will be dimmed using PWM and the value of the PWT should be displaied.
Then there should be two states for the LED. Steady and flashing. A switch on the serving surface should be change between the states.
Is it not possible to realize dimmable and flashing the LED at the same time?
Is it possible if the frequency of flashing does not matter?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,291 Views)

It depends on the frequency of the flash that you want to use bcause you can dim the LED with PWM but you can't also flash it using PWM.  You would need to do the "flashing" (lower frequency modulation) in LabVIEW (but it can only do it so fast).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,291 Views)

Nathan,

Maybe you could bit-bang the PWM, therefore having control of the frequency. Not sure what else you have to do with the Arduino. The disadvantges of course would be robbing the Arduino of computing power and a limited upper frequency of the PWM.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,291 Views)