LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I redownload labview LIFA without uninstalling it?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am trying to get LIFA to work of ethernet and I've been changing a lot of the arduino and labview code around.  I thought I backed up all the VIs for LIFA before I started modifing the code.  Or so I thought...  Many of the sub VI's have been modified and I am currently trying to redownload the old sub VI's through VIPM.  The only option I get is to uninstall them.  I was hoping there is a way I can redownload all the sub VIs without having to uninstall the Labview LIFA.

Side note to anyone reading, have you tried to get LIFA working over etherenet and had success?  I could use a little help getting my code to work.  I believe I got the arduino side of things down but I am still fairly new to the labview side of things.  Any help would be more than appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,238 Views)

Even if it was possible to re-install without uninstalling, it would end up doing the same exact thing (replacing all the files in the 'LabVIEW Interface for Arduino' folder).  So, I don't understand why anyone would need to do such a thing.  Is there something I'm missing?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,805 Views)

I'm using the LIFA VIs as springboards for mine and I'm chaning them all up.  I wanted to keep the originals incase I deleted a chunk which I thought to be useless to find out later that it actually is important.  I want to keep them as a reference for when somethin is not working with my VIs, I have something to compare it to.

And by reinstall, I mean get the original Labview LIFA sub VI's.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,805 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Uke88

So, what I would do is copy all the VIs that you changed into some random folder in your documents and then uninstall and reinstall LIFA.  If you are paranoid about the uninstaller finding them, zip them up.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,805 Views)