LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get peltier control using simple difference algorithm

Hi all,

I'm working on a project using an Arduino mega 2560 and LINX that will control a peltier based on input from a thermistor. To make things simple (I'm new to Labview), I'm implementing a simple temperature boundary control (I originally wanted PID but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to do that yet!).

So, the problem is I've adapted a VI found from this guys work but have subbed in a thermistor and peltier, rather than the LED, fan and LM35 sensor. I can get temperature readings but the peltier doesn't switch on. At first I checked all the components, including the MOSFET and the peltier and then thought maybe I need to increase my loop frequency. Neither worked. I also tried testing an LED on that pin but even that doens't get activated. The peltier is definitely able to draw current from the circuit as when the VI starts running, there is a split second where you can feel the cold side go cold, then nothing, as the temperature readings start.

Can anyone spot anything that I'm doing wrong/ suggestions / know any example VI's that would be better suited (ideally Labview 2012 compatible)??

Thanks for any help!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,710 Views)