LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling 2 Stepper Motors (CNC Shield) with Labview

Hello,

I am currently trying to develop a Labview VI, that can control two Nema 17 Stepper Motors with a CNC-Shield and A4988 Drivers. It should be very basic (input steps for each motor, speed and direction; thats it). I am currently using a popular example VI which I have uploaded. It works fine, however I do not know, how to change the direction and the stepper number selection does not work for me: if i select Motor 1, it runs fine. If I select motor 2-8, both motors will turn but only roughly a quarter of the selected steps. Also, if I select motor 1 after selecting another number, it will turn in the other direction. This is probably because the program is built for a different driver.

Does anyone know about a good example VI, that can do what I am trying to do? Or can anyone give me advise, how to change the program I am currently using? I am very new to Labview so I hope my problem is clear.

Thank you,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,964 Views)

Hi pmaxd, I have similar problems with the example, have you yet figured it out?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,154 Views)
hi frd,
you need to use the different event for the stepper motor and algorithm has to be developed in such a way that when you select another number, it will change smoothly without disturbing the other motor.
Regards,
Sathish Kumar A
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,096 Views)