LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 5002: My Arduino Uno Rev 3 wont communicate with LabView 2012 Student Edition

Hello,

I am getting error code 5002 occured at init.vi unable to establish connection to arduino.

I am using LABVIEW 2012 student edition.

I have used arduino many times, so know it is working. (I ran a few old projects to varify)

I have downloaded the visa stuff, NI MAX, and and have tried multiple arduino sketch files. (LVIFA_BAse2.1.1.69, LIFA_Base_2012_Build_79, and LIFA DHT11 LV9)

None of these worked so I downgraded to labview inferface for arduino version 2.1.1.69 so the LVIFA would be in the firmware folder instead of from a seperate down load.

I believe the problem is in with the arduino sketch.

I can verify that my comport has the arduino drivers and is functioning (I have an Arduino Uno Rev3)

I can see the arduino in NI MAX under devices and interface > seriel and parellel

I can open the "visa test panel" and preform a "write" with no errors, but when I try to "read" it states

Read Operation

Error

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.

Is that a hint to my problem?

In LABVIEW I get

Error -1073807246 occurred at VISA Clear in LabVIEW Interface for Arduino.lvlib:Init.vi->Untitled 1

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0072) The resource is valid, but VISA cannot currently access it.

and also

error code 5002 occured at init.vi unable to establish connection to arduino

Can someone help me with this problem?

I posted this in another thread, but I thought it might help if I start a new discusion.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,615 Views)

You should use a stop button with while loop. You should end the programm with that button instead of using the "RED STOP BUTTON" in the labview.

Message 2 of 3
(3,185 Views)

Thanks for the tip. It was my faulty understanding of how to set up the labview environment, meaning the init, close, and overall setup. Anyone who comes here seeking similar advice, follow this link to my other disscuision for a simple example to verify that everything is working.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/59771#59771

I was able to set pin 2 high or low and test the output with a digital multimeter. Now that I know it works, let the fun begin!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,185 Views)