LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use the LIFA packets on a computer without connection to the internet?

Hi,

I've recently started using LIFA to control my Arduino from within Labview, and everything works great, that is, at least from my computer at home (and I'm simply blown away by the ease of use).

My problem is that I've run into an issue trying to install the add-ons at my lab, where the computer has no connection to the internet.

Labview 10 is already installed, I have the firmware uploaded to my Arduino, I was even able to install VIPM on the lab computer by downloading it from a flash drive, the problem is, without internet I can't use VIPM to download and use LIFA. How can I install LIFA without having the internet do it for me? I'm really hoping there's a way to get this to work on my Internet depraved lab computers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,887 Views)

A VIP file is in fact a zip file organized in a certain way. I guess you could unzip the content of the LIFA package and install the different parts manually in the correct folder. This info is found in the spec file that you'll find in the package as well.

From the look of things, everything goes in the LabVIEW application directory under vi.lib or example, and the menus...

**You can find the VIP file under "Program Data/JKI" folder (Win 7)

GCentral ChampionCLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,722 Views)

You can also download the VI Package manager installer file and move it to the lab pc and install VIPM, then grab the LIFA .VIP from a pc with an internet connection and move it over to the lab pc.  If you double click the VIP on the lab computer it will install.

-Sam K

LIFA Developer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,722 Views)

yeah, I tend to find too complicated solutions sometimes

GCentral ChampionCLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,722 Views)