LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a new program in LabView for the Arduino?

Hi Everybody.

I´m new to the Arduino and LabView, and I have a few questions to get started with my project.

So help from your side would be greatly appreciated.

I already downloaded the toolkit and looked at the examples included, but I don´t know how to get started on a new arduino project and how to create new tools.

I have a Arduino Uno with a Ladyada Motor Shield connected to a DC gear motor (460 rpm).

To the Arduino Uno there is also connected a Sharp Digital Distance Sensor with a range of 2-10 cm.

I have uploaded the LabView driver/program for the Arduino, but don´t know how to create a new program in LabView that can control the DC motor (PWM speed control), and the Sharp Digital Distance Sensor for start/stop and reverse/forward of the motor.

Do you have any experience on this?

I would be very grateful for any input on this.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,749 Views)

addpug,

I would start by working through an example like 'analog read'.  Once you understand how that works save a copy and start making changes.  Change the UI, add functionality try to recreate it from scratch.  Once you are comfortable with the LIFA architecture you can start adding your own sensors such as support for your motor shield.

You will need to determine if you can add support by just adding VIs and using exisitng toolkit functionality or if you will need to add arduino code.  Either way the best way to add support is to look at existing sensors Vis and Arduino firmware and go from there.  Let us know if you have any specific questions.

-Sam

LIFA Developer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,548 Views)