LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to initialize a pulse signal to zero so one count count the pulses...

Hello All.

As a single part of my project, I hope to count the number of radiation particles via labview.

Currently, Help1 & Help 2 are my VI. I'm working on an arduino UNO, labview v2012, and all the necessary toolkits.

I am trying to use Labview as a serial monitor in place of the serial monitor built into the Arduino IDE. (thanks to hrh1818).

Currently, the block diagram works for any type of square wave with oscillations from 1 to 0. As you can see in the block diagram, when the input signal from the arduino raises higher than 0, it sets the counter to true and adds a count. (This block diagram is a combination of block diagrams posted on the community forums, thank you!!)

However, the problem I'm having is initializing the input signal to zero. My input signal catching radiation particles is working from an Ortec A576 (the pdf is the datasheet), with Pin4 of the arduino connected to the "count" of the Ortec.

The input signal generated from the "count" doesn't give a wave from one to zero, just a solid HIGH value, as seen in Help1.jpg.

My question for the community is how to treat this input signal through Labview (or Lifa_base if necessary, but my arduino coding isn't strong) in order to produce a signal that can be reset to zero (LOW) once it has counted HIGH, hopefully producing a graph that my counting VI can count.

tl;dr Input signal of counter reads HIGH indefinetly, need to create a labview program that resets the signal to zero once it counts HIGH.

Questions and help are welcomed,

I will be up all night....

-Kell

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,858 Views)

Update, disregard this post. Found that the input is one regardless if it's attached to the "count" meter. I may update when i figure it out.... if I figure it out.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,545 Views)