LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to merge processing code for HMC5583L and MMA7361C

I am unable to attach files on this chatbox i have no idea why. Ill try to get a link from my teacher as he passed down the file to me.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 32
(1,454 Views)

You have to click "Use advanced editor" to be able to attach files.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 32
(1,454 Views)

Oh thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 32
(1,454 Views)

Hey Nathan i edited the HMC5883L file by changing the send and receive to write and read and the errors dont appear any more. Ill attached the edited file, help me have a look!

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 32
(1,454 Views)

Here is an example of talking to the HMC5583L based on the files you posted.  Let me know if it works.

HMC5583L_Example.png

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 32
(1,454 Views)

there wasnt a constant data display. My labview shows correct vales at right angles but isnt showing stable results inbetween, but i think i can fix that by adjusting the sample freq for the sensors.

1 more thing, i have to display my labview data on a arlcd which has an arduino board attached to it. I am unable to find any exaples to do so. Is that even possible?

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 32
(1,454 Views)

Did the code that I posted work?

Ahmitttttttt wrote:

there wasnt a constant data display. My labview shows correct vales at right angles but isnt showing stable results inbetween, but i think i can fix that by adjusting the sample freq for the sensors.

Acquisition rate shouldn't affect the results of a magnetometer (it's not a dynamic thing if you are using it as a compass).  However, if there is any magnets or magnetic fields near your sensor, it can affect the measurements (relative to the Earth's magnetic field).

Ahmitttttttt wrote:

1 more thing, i have to display my labview data on a arlcd which has an arduino board attached to it. I am unable to find any exaples to do so. Is that even possible?

I don't know what that is.  What is it?  How does it communicate?  Can you provide a link to it and it's datasheet?

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 32
(1,454 Views)

The code you posted was able to run but the data being displayed was not stable, it kept fluctuating rapidly.

Im using an accelerometer and a magnetometer sensors working together to produce magnetic direction and pitch and roll data displayed on labview, and for that i need a acquisation rate which will produce stable results.

Oh right haha sorry ill attach all its relavent specifications.

http://store.earthlcd.com/LCD-Products?search=arlcd

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 32
(1,454 Views)

You'll need to use some sort of filter but you need to consider that the

speed of acquisition via LIFA will be relatively slow and will be affected

by everything else running on your computer.

I'll have to look at the LCD later.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 32
(1,454 Views)

Alright alright. Sure please do, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 32
(1,454 Views)