LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read files off an Arduino SD card shield

I'm working on a school project and need to read data files from an SD card on the Arduino Wireless SD Shield.  (I'm not using the wireless, but am connecting via usb)  I want the data to end up in a LabView .TDMS file eventually.  I'm pretty new to both LabView programming and LIFA interface, so I thought I would ask if there's an easy or established way to get data off of the SD card using the LIFA vi's.  I don't know how to do this yet, but I'm assuming a combination of the LIFA functions will work out.  Pointing me in the right direction would be awesome!

More background on my project:

I'm working with a group on prototyping a home vital signs monitor that will record an ECG signal and several other vital signs.  The ECG data will be stored on the SD card and I am hoping to transfer it into a .TDMS file so that I can run labview's ECG Feature Extractor (from the Biomedical startup kit) on the data.  Any advice on this plan would be appreciated also.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,242 Views)

Hey,

We currently don't have any of the SD card reading functions implemented in the firmware so you would have to do that on your own by expanding the framework.  If all you need to do is read data from the SD card and send it back to LabVIEW you might not want to use LIFA at all - just write custom firmware to read from the SD card and write the data out to the serial port and then use VISA in LabVIEW to read the data from the serial port.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,930 Views)

Thanks for the advice, Kevin_F. I'll try that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,930 Views)

Hey,

I have the same Problem. I want to download some log-files from my Arduino SD-Card into LabVIEW via Ethernet Shield. It would be nice if it Looks like an USB-Stick on my Computer. Is this possible? Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,784 Views)