LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help (interface arduino with LabView)

Hi everyone,

I am seeking help. I haven't used arduino or labview before, but I am doing a project (Wireless Electronic Stethoscope). I was able to communicate the Xbee (S2) and to download all drivers. Basically, the problem that I have is, I dont know how to place the arduino vis into my program. The input is an analog signal that I project to LabView, MatLab and the Oscilloscope. The  main goal of my program is to analyze the heart sounds (S1 and S2). The software consists of some amplification and filters. I am using a NI DAQ 9215 since I have to use the timing function. I have been working in this wireless connection for a couple of weeks, but unfortunately I haven't been able to solve this problem.

The only answer that I have been getting from a few people is to discuss "my issue" here.

I need help.

Thank you,

Maye

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,085 Views)

So, what is your issue?  Are you trying to get rid of the DAQ and replace it with an Arduino?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,145 Views)

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for responding. The only reason that I am using arduino is to make my device wireless. I am using the arduino UNO, wireless shield and the two S2 Xbees. All of the signal analysis is done by labview and matlab.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,145 Views)

Ok, so what specifically are you having issues with?  There is an example of continuous data acquisition in the "Examples" palette.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,145 Views)

Thank you for your help, but I can't use another program. I did some testing and I am getting the right results. My issue is that I dont know how to modify the program to make my system wireless.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,145 Views)

I never said anything about using "another program."  You need to give us more details of what your issue is and what you have already done.  If you have LIFA code, post it.  The more information you give use, the better we will be able to help you.

The first thing that I would recommend is to get it working with Arduino and LIFA using a USB cable.  Then, once you have that working you can work on getting it to be wirelesswith XBee.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,145 Views)

Hi,

I am using

NI-VISA

LabView interface for Arduino VI package

Arduino drivers

Arduino IDE software.

Arduino uses COM6

I think, I was able to download the program to arduino

the Xbees are commuicated

I think I just need to make some changes to my program. I need to add the arduino vi, but I don't know  where to place them.

Input and output (Analog signal)

I attached a copy of my program.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,145 Views)

Based on the VI that you posted originally, you need both analog output and analog input.  The Arduino does not have a traditional analog output.  Also, based on documentation, continuous analog acquisition does not allow other commands to be sent to the Arduino while acquiring data.

So, if you only need analog acquisition, you can look at the example that comes with LIFA.  I would recommend that you create an entirely new VI for the Arduino code and just copy over specific functions from your existing VI so you have one VI for each device.

The example is called "Continuous Sampling Example.vi"  Search for "arduino" in the example finder.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,145 Views)