ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIFA code implementation, LabVIEW to send data intermittently?

Hello everyone!

I am trying to create a user interface on LabVIEW that will work like an audio mixer controller. Whenever the user changes something, it will send data to the Arduino.

Is it possible to modify the LIFA base code to send only when instructed? Also is it possible to cut down the number of bytes of data sent, or modify what data bytes represent?

If it has to continuously send data to the Arduino, is it possible to develop a flag which signals that data is being sent and if not, ignore until the next data package?

Please let me know if this makes sense, I will give more details if needed. I would greatly appreciate your help as this is part of my final year project!

Many thanks!!

P.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,971 Views)

LIFA does not require sending a constant stream of data to the Arduino.  You send data when you want to send data.

If you want to send one command and have Arduino do something continuously based on that command (and the Arduino doesn't already do this alone) then you would need to create functions that run continuously on the Arduino that are triggered or changed by LIFA commands.

Without more details, I can't provide much more than that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,469 Views)