LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LINX

Hi - I've heard mention in this forum a few times of something called LINX.

Could someone explain what this is?

cheers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,250 Views)

Hey,

LINX is the successor to LIFA and LIFCK.  In short LINX will eventually replace LIFA and LIFCK.

I have been very pleased with the adoption of LIFA over the last couple years and have seen some pretty awesome projects using LIFA.  Over the past couple years I've collected a lot of feedback and have my own list of features I wanted to add.  I considered a major updated to LIFA, but it seemed to make more sense to 'start fresh' taking into account everything I've learned over the last couple years.

For those of you familiar with LIFA, LINX will look and feel very similar, however it will offer many new benefits (and some new challenges):

• Hardware Agnostic
    • One LabVIEW Library (LINX) regarless of the device (Arduino, chipKIT, myRIO, etc)
  • More interface options
    • Specifically WIFI and Ethernet support in addtion to Serial
  • More open source (hosted on GitHub)

Not all features will be supported when LINX is release, but the architecture was designed with the above in mind and I expect LINX to grow over time (hopefully with community contributions as well as my own)

LINX is currently in closed Beta.  If you are interested in paticipating in the beta please PM me but keep in mind it is a beta.  Many things are not yet implemented, others may not work correctly and the beta currently only supports chipKIT uC32, Max32, Uno32, Arduino Uno, and myRIO-1900.  That being said the basics are all present and working and I would appreciate feedback on the toolkit so far.

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

Join / Follow the LabVIEW Hacker Group on google+

Message 2 of 4
(2,986 Views)

hi dave
LINX is a toolkit for labview whick offers better support for both arduino and chipkit.This package is currently under beta testing phase.
if you wish to be one of the beta tester,you can contact Sammy_K.

Electronics and Instrumentation Engineer
Freelance LabVIEW and Arduino programmer.
For projects contact me ; djac791@gmail.com
Message 3 of 4
(2,986 Views)

Really cant wait for the release version

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,986 Views)