From Thursday, May 23rd (05:00 PM CDT) through Friday, April 24th (1:30 AM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVIFA Interface and Real Time

It came to my awarness that interfacing with LVIFA and Arduino's with numerous sesnors and actuators won't be in real time. However considering my system doesn't have to be in real time although I hoped it would. I wish to know if there is any way to use this toolkit to my advantage for fast sensor processing and communication between the computer and the arduino.I don't plan to specify my system but in general it will have many varying sensors on one arduino and another arduino with varying actuators both connected to LVIFA. Thanks for all the help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,449 Views)

You will be limited by how fast the serial communication is with the Arduino.  Everything else in the system will likely be faster then the LabVIEW-Arduino communication.  So, if you are trying to use two Arduinos that you had previously mentioned and you are trying to have the actuators/motors depend on the sensors on a separate board, you will have twice the delay due to communication.

Arduino (Sensors) >> LabVIEW >> Arduino (Actuators/Motors)

>> is serial communication.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,698 Views)

Thanks for replying Nathan, would you suggest anything else, I have the full labview student edition 2012. Is there any way I could maybe apply realtime or faster processing to this system. Once again thanks for helping out!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,698 Views)

LIke I said, with Arduino you are limited by the bottle neck (serial communication) and you can't go faster than that.  That is all that I can say regarding Arduino.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,698 Views)