LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Interface With PIC16F877a

hi, It is possible to generate code for PICmicrocontroller with LabVIEW GUI?

Thanks & Regards

A.Singaravelan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,954 Views)

If it has already been done then the creator of LIFA and LINX would know.  You should check out the LINX forums and ask there if LINX will support it in the future.  If SammyK, the creator of LIFA and LINX, knows that many people want support for the PIC, the more likely it will be for him to add it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,632 Views)

Are you asking can Labview be used to write PIC code and then download the code to a PIC?

The answer is no.  The student edition of Labview does not generate code for microcontrollers or FPGAs. 

hrh1818

Message 3 of 5
(3,632 Views)

Hi hrh1818

Thanks for your clarification.

which NI hardware is sutable for doing project in Smart Home and Smart Grid?

Smart home:

All home appliances should moniter and need to control it for reduce the power cost

Smart Grid:

communication between power station and home load side

My Project is to interface Smart Grid with Smart Home.

So plz Tell which NI hardware is sutable for this project

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,632 Views)

Summary:  NI hardware is not suitable for your project.

Based on what little I know about this subject I suspect he only interface a Smart Home will have with the electrical grid is trough a Smart Meter.   Most likely a Smart Meter will only provide information about power consumption and the energy cost.  I have not seen any information about how one would interface a Smart Meter with a Smart Home controller. 

This link provides some information about what information is provided to a consumer by a Smart Meter.

<https://www.epb.net/power/home/products/smart-meters/>

As this forum is about LIFA I suggest you do a Google search on the phrase "smart home forum" for more information on how to control and reduce power cost.

hrh1818

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,632 Views)