LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW won't recognize or communicate with FTDI device (Arduino)

Hi. I am using LabVIEW 2013, and am trying to connect to an Arduino - like device that communicates via an FTDI basic. The FTDI drivers are properly installed (I've tried the standard FTDI drivers and the drivers porvided by Arduino; the latter crashed my computer). The device is recognized by the PC as "USB Serial Port (COM 2)".  The NI VISA drivers are installed as well (at first 5.4.1, but I am about to try with 5.3). Also I have uploaded the LIFA_Base.iso to the arduino device and the "LabVIEW Interface for Arduino" folder resides in "National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib". In LabVIEW, on a VISA resource constant or control, the COM 2 port doesn't come up however.

LabVIEW is successfully running data acquisition already via USB from an Agilent oscilloscope (which does come up as a VISA resource), so I know it can. Also the Arduino IDE communicates just fine with the device. Strangely neither the oscilloscope or the Arduino comes up in MAX.

I've been pouring over previous discussions and cannot find a resolution; it is always a driver that needs to be installed or the like, but I've tried that. My best guess is that it is because the device driver doesn't recognize it as an Arduino UNO, but every time I try to update the driver manually my computer crashes. Any clues?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,700 Views)

If the Arduino IDE works then it's probably not a device driver issue.  I've heard people have had success by re-installing VISA.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,013 Views)

I installed VISA 5.4.1, uninstalled it, tried 5.3, updated back to 5.4.1, then unistalled and reinstalled 5.4.1, and finally tried repairing 5.4.1 in Programs and Features. None of these things worked.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,013 Views)