LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview+Arduino+Multiple Analog In

Hi all, well I'm working on a project where I need to measure voltage, current, temperature and solar irradiation in a photovoltaic panel. All values are in voltage, so the program must plott all values versus time. Well I'm just starting to handle the package Arduino in Labview so I have few experience.

My problem is this, when I connect each pin independently, the signal is stable but when I read all the pins at the same time, the signal goes crazy and analog data are affected by noise. How I can read four different data without being affected by noise?

Thanks for your time

En español

Necesito leer cuatro entradas analogicas por arduino Uno y con ellas graficar y realizar un par de formulas y ecuaciones. El problemas es que cuando obtengo los datos independientemente no existe problema, pero cuando capturo todas las señales, estas me generan ruido y la señal se ve distorsionada por ejemplo estamos a 18°C y me lanza 40°C, de igual modo pasa por la corriente, voltaje y la irradiación

Message 1 of 12
(12,029 Views)

I suggest you use LINX to read multiple channels.  From the Labview Hacker main page go to Forums > LVH LINX > "Display Multiple Channels of Analog Data" thread.  In the next to last message in the thread there is the Analog read Multiple Channels.VI example.  There was no interference between channels when reading three channels.   The VI nay be easily modified to read more than 3 channels or less than 3 channels.

hrh1818

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,982 Views)

@Hhr 1818, Please, can u give us directly that VI from LINX beacause I have the same problem when I use multiple channels in Arduino+Labview. Thannks very much

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,982 Views)

I found that example, but ther is not the SVI-s, so we can not see all the program , in fact we can not see what we want to see and would help us.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,982 Views)

I do not understand what you mean by "not the SVI-s,".  Please explain.  What do you mean by "can not see all the program"?   Please explain. 

Did you install LINX before running the Analog Read Multiple Channels.VI?

hrh1818

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,982 Views)

Sorry, I really don't know what is LINX . I attached here a print screen of block diagram. All that blocks with question marks ( ? ) are not sub- VI ?

Actualy, i supose is something like arduino. So , for my project I use Arduino with LIFA conection and I use 3 senzors and have the same problem : when I conect all of them in the same block diagrama , they go crazy . Please, give us a clear example of Arduino+Labview multiple channel analog read. You would be a really help for me !

Thank you again LINX_printscreen.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,982 Views)

You need to install LINX.

Near the top of this communities main page this announcement appears "LIFA replacement LINX officially released". In the announcement click on the "Getting started with LINX tutorial here".  Follow the instructions given there to install LINX.  After completing the instructions Open the VI package Manager.  You should see both LVH LINX and LVH Toolbox in the package display list.  If one of these two packages is missing go back and install the missing package.

After installing LINX in Labview and LINX firmware on your Arduino board the Analog Read Multiple Channels.VI will run.

hrh1818

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,982 Views)

Thank you, I will

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,982 Views)

@ hrh1818, thanks for explanation, but I have a few more questions.

This LINX will not affect my LIFA kit? Can I have both of them installed in LabVIEW?( this is my main preocupation)  And however, does not exist an example for LIFA multiple analog in ( without noise and the sensors not go crazy) ?

Thanks a lot !

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,982 Views)

Arduinos are designed to run only one program at a time. Arduinos can only run the last program uploaded to it.   Hence when the LINX firmware is uploaded to Arduino it will replace the LIFA firmware.  Or when LIFA firmware is uploaded to Arduino it will replace the LINX firmware. 

With respect to using LIFA to read  multiple analog channels look at this old thread.

<https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/35032#35032>

A contributor shows a block diagram where he connects the "analog read VIs in parallel and says it works for him.

hrh1818

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,982 Views)