LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview and MAX31865 SPI problems

Hello,
I should use Labview to measure temperature via a four wire Pt100, with a MAX31865 sensor that use an SPI intarface.
Unfortunately Labview does not have an example VI for this sensor and I have not found anything working online.
I know a little about Labview but nothing about Arduino
I have read everything I found on the SPI and Arduino but I can't solve the problem.
Using Arduino IDE (with the attached scetch) the system works, so the hardware is OK.
On Labview I am using LINX, (loading LINX firmware for Arduino Uno) but I can only read constant values that vary according to the values of the bytes I write in the register.
Probably I make mistakes in writing the configuration on the Arduino register, but given my experience it could be anything else!

From what I understand, reading the sensor data sheet, the library and the Arduino schetch and looking online, in registers from 7 to 0 Byte 10100011 must be written.
I've tried all the ways but can't get reasonable measurements.
Can anyone give me some tips?
I attach the VI labview and Arduino libraries for Max31865 sensor. The system does not allow me to attach the schetch, not even in .txt format!

Thank you very much

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,609 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,544 Views)

The max6675 does not require writing data to the configuration register, as it does in the max31865.
I think I am wrong in writing in the register!
Many thanks for your interest

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,526 Views)

Hi,

I had the same problem some months ago.

I needed to interface the MAX31865 with muRIO 1900, and ididdn't found any example, so decided to create a code, and it works.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,356 Views)

is possible to upload configuration.vi write.vi and write read.vi of your vi because i am trying to change your vi to use a arduino instead of my rio to read a rtd sensor

thanks omar

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,344 Views)

Many thanks, I'll try to use it

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,334 Views)

ok,

if you have some problem or questions plese do not hesitate to contact me again

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,330 Views)

Hi Omar,

Were you successful to convert it to Arduino with LINX?

Thanks,

Chung

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(1,344 Views)

no but i'm trying 

when i do that i publish the solution

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(1,331 Views)

Hi Omar,

I have made this far. Can you take a look at this VI. I basically copy the sequence the Short Read_RTD Max31865 replacing LINX SPI vis.

I got some numbers but they are not the data from the memory.

Thanks,

Chung Hoon

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,326 Views)