LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview mega2560 Serial1&2&3 not found pls~

Hello, Dear all

There is a project currently, we need to read 2 messages about the consecutive Polling signals by Mega2560 with LabView as attachment. Please indicate us how to add Serial 1 and Serial 2 in the Program.

Thank you in advance and looking forward to your prompt reply.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,418 Views)

Serial communication via Serial 1 and Serial 2 are not supported by LIFA.  You would need to create custom functions that execute that code, but it must fit into the command/response architecture on which LIFA is based.  I.e. it must be able to send a command and receive the response from Serial 1 or 2 relatively quickly (you would not be able to constantly poll the port).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,807 Views)

Hello, Dear Nathan_B:

Thank you for your kind and prompt reply. However, There is something need to figure out, so you mean that I have to write the way of communication Serial 1 or Serial 2 in the LIFA_Base? Do you have any example to share with me.

Thank you in advance and looking forward to your prompt reply.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,807 Views)

You have to create a custom function.  I would recommend starting by duplicating an existing function in the LIFA firmware and in LabVIEW (with a new command number).  Make sure that works first.  Then, you can add your own custom code to that function instead of the code that you duplicated.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,807 Views)