ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lcd 2004 connectig problems

Hello, friends! This is my first post so sorry for mistakes.

I try to use a 3d printer from RepRap to measure something using Labview and Arduino. This is not the problem. I want to connect also the LCD that came with the 3d printer and I don't know how to do this. I will put the picture with the display and everything.

Thanks in advance:D

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,252 Views)

So, what exactly is your question?  How are you communicating with the Arduino?  Is the Arduino already part of the RepRap system or is this Arduino simply something extra soley for use with LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,227 Views)

Arduino is already part of RepRap. I try to use RepRap printer I  another purpose. I saw tutorials how to program the LCD but my LCD is already soldered on a board which has some buttons for control. I want to use those buttons and the LCD but I don't know how. I saw that buttons are connected with different resistors and after that on a wire. How can I use those buttons in Labview? How can I make difference between resistance in Labview? I added a photo with back of board.

I hope you understand me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,221 Views)

So, you want to press physical buttons with LabVIEW.  That's not going to be possble without additional hardware, e.g. an Arduino and a relay (maybe more) if it's even possible.

What are you actually trying to do from LabVIEW?  Does the Arduino being used for the RepRap accept commands over serial?  If yes, you'd be able to send commands over serial from LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,200 Views)

Hy! I advanced my project and now I want to ask two questions:

1. I control a step motor with Labview and Arduino and Ramps 1.4. When I give 1000steps to execute, if I want to stop the motor before to execute those steps, how can I program? I want to use end stops, to give to the motor 1000-2000steps and when it touch the end stop to stop command for the motor. 

2. I try to use an LCD 2004. When I program the LCD to show something and I want to read an analog pin from my Arduino board I have a tension who is variable. No matters if didn't connect anything to that pin. I still have that tension when the program with the display is running.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,191 Views)