LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MLX90614 with an Arduino Duemilanove Board

Hello All,

Questions:

1) How do I program LabVIEW to get temperature data using a MLX90614 I^2C sensor? Can I use LabVIEW to take data from this sensor without using the Arduino board?

2) Using open source i was able to use the Arduino by itself to take serial data from the sensor, but i want to take it one step further. I want to use LabView. What are some of the step i need to take to be able to start this or is it even possible with the MLX90614 sensor. Ive read that some people have been having problems with the EEPROM or the RAM. What are some of your suggestions?

Thank You.

Message 1 of 2
(4,059 Views)

Labview does not have I2C capability. You must use an intermediary device like an Arduino to interface your I2C temperature sensor to Labview.   You have two ways to go.  One build on what you have now and use Labview as a serial monitor in place of the serial monitor built into the Arduino IDE.  This approach does not use LIFA.   Two use LIFA.  In the functions palette Arduino > Low Level > Bus Specific there is an I2C VI.  Use this VI as a starting point.  

hrh1818

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,822 Views)