iam working on a project to control a robot with joystick and arduino

i do everything but i cannot labview and joystick with my project wireless

ian using a RF module can you help me ?

if there are any tutorials be thankful

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,418 Views)

You will need a PC with two virtual COM ports. and a second RF Module to use Labview.  The Joystick will be connected to one of the virtual COM Ports.   Do a Google search using "Labview joystick" to get help with using a joystick with Labview.

For wireless control you need two RF modules.  One will be connected to a virtual COM port on your PC the the other will connect to UART port on your Arduino Board.  The RF modules should be configured for pass through mode of operation.  Meaning whatever Labview sends to a RF module the other RF module sends exactly the same message to your Arduino board.

hrh212

Message 2 of 7
(4,411 Views)

first thank you for answering me

second

you said i need two rf modules does it mean transmitter and receiver or another module

i put the rf transmitter in arduino board connected with labview and the reciver in another arduino board

so i want to know the commands that make the receiver accept form labview if there is  a course tha explain that please tell me

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,411 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tetooo

What type of Arduino boards are you using?

What type of RF Modules are you using?

How does the module connect to the Arduino board that is connected to Labview?

Are you using LIFA?

hrh212

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,411 Views)

arduino uno and mega

wireless Rf kit 315 MHZ(transmitter+receiver)

vcc=5v

gnd=ground

data=?

yes ian using lifa

Message 5 of 7
(4,411 Views)

It appears you want to use LIFA to send a message to micro controller A and then use a lRF link to forward the message to micro controller B.  You can't.  LIFA does not have this type of capability. 

The easiest way to control a Robot using RF is to use one micro controller and two RF transceivers.  One transceiver connected to the PC running Labview and the other connected to a micro controller in your Robot.  Depending upon yow you control the robot you may or not be able to use LIFA.   You can not use LIFA if you only use a transmitter connected to a PC and receiver connected to a micro controller in your Robot.  LIFA uses two way communication and requires transceivers at both ends of the communication link. 

hrth212

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,411 Views)

thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,411 Views)