LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mega 2560 - 5002 error

Dear Sammy,

I reinstalled LIFA and it is completed successful.

I dowload Simple LED Example.vi from site https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-20044

and set properties for elements as: Init.vi, Set Digital Pin Mode.vi, Digital Write Pin.vi, Close.vi same this picture

error5002.jpg

Then as guide, I open firmware and embed it by Arduino Software.

The problems are:

- VISA Source is COM11 after running it is ASRL3::INSTR.

- Tx Led is off, Rx Led on/off after Run VI but testing led (pin 😎 doesn't light up when increasing Value.

- Click Stop in Front Panel, occur the notice about Error 5001, 5002 and review each VI, see error in, error out as image.

I installed LabView 2009SP1 with Run-Time, VISA compatibility, because this example VI need laster version. So I install LabView 2010, but not remove LabView 2009SP1. VIMP, LIFA is installed successful after that.

Would you like to help me to solve this problem?

Best wish to you!

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 61
(1,405 Views)

I had the same problem and I solved it by creating a control buttons for selecting the Board Type (uno or mega) and a connector (com?)

Here is the image of my example that illustrates this

17-04-2012 11-59-39.png

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 61
(1,405 Views)

while setting the Mega 2560 board communicates well at all , but when I am running, the problem is in VI "write digital pin" ( picture ), box board type is changed automatically of MEGA to UNO board, and does not communicate.

what can i do for FIX this problem??

Picture

error 5002.png

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 61
(1,405 Views)

I can't really understand most of your post.

The Digital Write Pin code is not being executed at all because it is receiving an error from Arduino Init or some other Arduino VI before that one.  Therefore, there is not currently any issue with Digital Write Pin.

Also, any time that you abort execution (the stop sign button) you run the risk of disabling the COM port and you will no longer be able to communicate with Arduino.

That picture that you posted indicates that you set the board type as Uno in Arduino Init.  Post your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 61
(1,405 Views)

Hello Everybody,

I am having issues with connecting and I am getting the 5002 code as well, just like everyone else it seems. So I got the Labview 2011 64 bit and installed according to the manual on the other side. I have tried the adaptations everybody recommended like changing baud rate.  I tried all day long and it did not work. Is there a possibility that someone can post a VI that contains the correct VI for the mega 2560?

Changing the time to 10000 did not help as well, and substituting the init.vi and the other two did not work out.

Please if you have any other solutions that would help me out!

thanks in advance

Message 55 of 61
(1,405 Views)

I had the same error recently. None of the above mentioned hacks worked.An IC on a circuit i was testing blew up and mega stopped responding.

So i burned the bootloader via Usbasp. But now Labview couldn't communicate with mega.
After struggling a while i tried the mega on another PC with labview and it worked.

Then I uninstalled and reinstalled Labview on my laptop and it worked fine.

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 61
(1,405 Views)

In the past, I got error 5002. I don't know how to fit it. One day, I find a way to solve that proplem ^^. Now The error 5002 go far away!.

I made this video clip to express how to fit it.

I use Arduino Mega 2560 board

Here's a link to tutorial video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8s6QVvpSi4&feature=youtu.be

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 61
(1,405 Views)

i got same error

cliarity of this video is not good so can you tell me how to slove this error

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 61
(1,405 Views)

I am completely new to Labview and Arduinp. I have loaded the Labview interface for Arduino and the examples.

I need some serious help here. When I try to communicate eith Arduino using the USB, the read LED flashes

- then I get a 5005 - Unable to find Arduino error

Here is a picture of the VI

Arduino analog pin read-1.gif

The init.vi says its a Board Type (Uno) however when I right click on properties - i get a blank box that says 'apperance'

also, could you define what a VISA is? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 59 of 61
(1,405 Views)

VISA is the driver used for serial communication.

Which Arduino are you using?

Does the Arduino show up in the Windows device manager?

Are you able to connect to the Arduino via the Arduino IDE?

If the Arduino is assigned a COM port successfully, you can try to wire a constant to the VISA resource input of Init.vi so that it doesn't need to search for it.

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 61
(1,405 Views)