LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI hardware and Arduino in the same VI?

Quick question I’m using a VI for Analog input using my cDaq rio system, I was wondering if I can incorporate my Arduino in the same VI for Digitial I/O measurements as well.  Any example VIs would be great.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,067 Views)

You can do that.  Just use them both as you normally would.  But remember that if they are in the same loop the loop execution rate could be slower than using only one or the other.  Also, depending on your purpose, you could use two different loops.

BTW, what are you referring to as a "cDAQ RIO system"?  A cDAQ and a RIO are two different things, I've used both.

Also, on another note, I recommend that you not use LIFA and instead use LINX (currently the only officiall supported interface for Arduino and other microprocessors).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,645 Views)

Thank you, My hardware is a cDAQ-9172 Chassis with a NI 9205 Analog input and a NI 9211 TC Modules installed.  I wanted to add a Digital I/O module but trying to keep cost down I want to try and use my Arduino uno for some Digital Output channels to switch 4 SSR’s.  My 9205 has one digital output channel I was trying to figure out a way to use the one channel to supply a +5V to multiple SSR’s but not sure there is a way to do that through Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,645 Views)