LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me make a simple Arduino LabView project

I' not sure if I am able to connect to the Arduino through Labview since each eample gives me different errors, and my attempts to make my own Labview vi's gives different error codes. The provided examples are not intuitive enough for me to simplify. Can someone please help me designe a SIMPLE project that uses Arduino Uno Rev 3 and a LabView interface to write a digital 1 or 0 to pin 2? Please help me understand the "visa resource" and "arduino resource" tabs int the init, close, and other arduino vi's. Do I set each of those to my COMPORT, or are some left blank??? If someone could be so kind as to walk me through a basic set up process, including the resource tabs in the vi's. This way I can determine if I have an issue with my software or not. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,377 Views)

Hi...I was having such kind of troubles too.

Then I noticed I use windows 7  and installed visa 5.4.

I changed to visa 5.3 and it worked well.

Hope it works to you too.

Hugs.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,863 Views)

It sounds like you are opening the Init and Close VIs.  You cannot just change the values on those front panels to get them to work, they will not stay changed at runtime.  Because they are subVIs, they need to have their parameters wired into them in the main VI.  The analog read example is a very simple design that should work as-is with an Arduino Uno, if everything is set up correctly.  I have attached a VI that is for changing digital pin 2 and should work with the Uno without any changes.

If you are getting errors then my suggestion is to google for that error to find the official error page and see what troubleshooting steps are recommended.  One of the more common ones that I see is where the OS does not register the Arduino by the correct name in which case you will need to wire a constant to the "VISA Resource" input of the Init.vi.  You can do this by hovering over the upper left terminal on the Init VI and then right clicking when you get the spool tool and selecting "Create Constant".  then, you should have a purple drop down box.  Select your COM port from that drop down box.

If none of this advice works, please go explain the steps you have gone through to set everything up and attach the VI that you tried.  Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,863 Views)

Thanks Nathan, the Labview program worked great! You guys did a monumentous thing here creating a labview interface for Arduino, like the Greek Prometheus giving man fire. I intend to create the most epic senior project with Arduino and Labview, and this simple "digital write" program is a milestone to its success.

Thank you,

Bryan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,863 Views)

I have been trying to get my Arduino running, having a few issues.

Looked over the video previously posted by 1244444 "how to get labview to run..."

and i followed along with the changes.

In short the Sketch files I download with the Arduino kit for Labview wont run.

error received is:

C:\....\My Documents\Arduino\arduino-1.5.3\libraries\RobotIRremote\IRremoteTools.cpp:4: error: 'TKD2' was not declared in this scope

Where can I find IRemoteTools.cpp? To edit it? Is there something I should add?? Like 'TKD2'? what do I call it?

what is 'TKD2' ??

and where is TKD2??

Thanks,

Daren

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,863 Views)

HI,

Daren,

The firmware for LabVIEW should be located in the "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\vi.lib\LabVIEW Interface for Arduino "

The name of the sketch is LIFA_Base.

Thanks,

Inzamam Anwar

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,863 Views)

Thanks but that really does not help me.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,863 Views)

Hi Daren

What are the steps that u had followed?

Thanks,

Inzamam Anwar

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,863 Views)