LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Write Issue, Also Ports for MEGA

This is my first time using LIFA, as its a quick fix for a client.

Two questions:

PortWrite:

1) Port Write says it writes to all 14 digital pins, but you have to set them to OUTPUT first.

2) If you attempt to set pins 0-1 as outputs, you get an error, and the description mentions that those pins are reserved for communication.

I don't need those pins, but I checked the code and the digitalWrite() code is called for pins 0 and 1.  I assume that one of those pins might be set as an output (the Tx pin?), so is the PortWrite inherently broken?!

PortWrite on MEGA:

Is there any way, without modifying the LIFA base code, to write to all the MEGA ports?  Or does this have to be done one pin at a time?

For this application, I will be using a MEGA, but I don't need simultaneous digital writes.

Bonus third question:  Has anyone extended the LIFA code?  This all seems like a great start, but the first thing I am gonna do is extend thisfor port writes on the MEGA.  Seems like others would have already done this.  I am also considering porting this to Particle.IO devices, which operate over TCP, so it seems like that would be a basic extension.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,039 Views)