LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probably something stupid, but I cant compile this firmware

Solved!
Go to solution

ok, so I've followed every step, even though I was sure I knew what I was doing anyway, and cannot get past this....

I can find plenty of info regarding "unsignerd class" errors, but not a thing about  what you see here. please see attached image.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,632 Views)

Have you modified the firmware at all?  The error just says that the code is trying to re-declare that variable.  If no, what version of LIFA and the Arduino IDE are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,987 Views)

No, I haven't changed anything yet. Latest IDE and LVIFA

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,987 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jsgarage

Jason,

Your Arduino project looks off.  You have a LVIFA_Base and a LIFA_Base open in the same project.  LVIFA_Base is old, LIFA_Base is current and the two should not be open in the same project.  Also check to make sure you don't have two LabVIEW_Interface files.

At the end of the day you have duplicate files open and hence duplicate definitions of the currentCommand variable.

Hope this helps.

-Sam K

LIFA Developer

Message 4 of 6
(2,987 Views)

Thanks Sammy. That was it. I have no idea now it got in there, either. I re opened the sketch in the arduino IDE, and it wasn't there. Then it compiled. I now have the servo example running. I needed to extend the timeout  in the INIT vi, and then it worked.

Thankyou again. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,987 Views)

Happy to help.

-Sam K

LIFA Developer

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,987 Views)