LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems to create a basic LED program

Hi guys, I'm starting to work with Labview and also Arduino, but I'm facing some problems. I created a program to make two LEDs blink in parallel using Arduino. This program worked fine, but now I want to make it a little bit more complex inserting a button to select which one of the LEDs will blink (just one can blink per time). I created a logic to do this enabling and disabling the pines connections (I think that it's not right), but it's not possible to implement it due to the different kind of connections (digital, boolean, string). I would like to know if someone can help me with this. I'm posting the VI. Note that I left disconnected the logic that I created in the VI, so you can see what I thought to do. Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,653 Views)

It looks like you were on track.  Attached is how I would do it.  Some changes that I made you should make sure you do in the future (setting the pin mode outside of the loop and keeping all Arduino VIs inline.  However, you should consider switching to use LINX because LIFA Is no longer supported.  You can find LINX at http://www.LabVIEWHacker.com/linx.

Message 2 of 5
(2,907 Views)

Hello Nathan, thanks for your fast reply. I'm starting to work with Labview-Arduino just now, and all that I know I learned from examples from other peoples' circuits that I found on the internet. Thanks for the tips (I was really setting the pin mode outside the loop before, but I changed it to see if I would have some problem, as it worked fine I left it inside).
If it would not disturb you, could you explain me some things that you did? I didn't understand very well your logic using AND ports. You added an "always true" command and after you added a "not", and connected it on both AND ports. To me this would make the answer of the ports be always 0. Am I with problems to understand the logic or there is a function of Labview that I'm missing? About the "status" box, is it used to stop the system in case of errors?

I also tried to change the LIFA by the LINX, but I'm receiving an error message asking me to do one thing that I already did. I attached an image with the problem, just in case of you know the solution.. I think that this can be happening because I need to uninstall LIFA first, but I didn't find where I could do this.

Sorry for all these troubles.

Error installing linx.jpg

Sorry for all these troubles.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,907 Views)

To see how the logic works, you should run the code and probe the wires that you are curious about.  Make sure the program works with your LEDs correctly.

I can't help you with your VIPM issue (you should look in a more appropriate place).  Sadly, I'm actually having the same issue with 2013 on one of my computers but haven't really needed or had the time to figure it out.

Message 4 of 5
(2,907 Views)

I tested your modifications and they worked very well. I will still try to figure out how can I do this instalation, if I get it I can tell you what is necessary to do. haha.

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,907 Views)