LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saad

Hello:

I am using arduino uno board and I am planning to control 3 DC encoder motors bidirectional (with feedback control) using LIFA.

(i m already controlling Dc servo motors from Labview using arduino. this is just extra part )

is it possible to perform this task. basically implementing inverse kinematics . calculation are being performed in labview.

please guide is this gud to use arduino. or use controller and type hectic inverse expression in it.

I have made seperate motor direction controlling and power borads , just wish to control the directions and speed of motors with encoders feedback. ?

Is it possible or do i need to go for another device.....my budget is very limited ?

Motor ratting are 1.5A 12DC with optical Encoders. Encoder pulses are 90` apart.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,535 Views)

Encoders need to be implemented Arduino-side (integrated into LIFA firmware) and create LIFA functions to get values.

As far as speed and direction, it depends on what your motor controllers take for signal/communication.  PWM?

Message 2 of 6
(2,978 Views)

Thanks allot for replying ,

I am using DC encoder motoer with quadrature feed back encoder, and have a seperate motor driver circuit PWM based speed and direction controlling, have developd a LV based VI for LIFA , need adivce for selecting the accurate interface is Arduino uno is capable of controlling 3 quadrature based dc encoder motor ? or should i go for other. ?

thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,978 Views)

The Uno can only do one quadrature encoder.  The Mega 2560 can do three assuming you don't need I2C interface.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,978 Views)

Ok its been a long time since i played with LIFA (and infact this entire project.) but how can i set up LIFA to run 3 quadrature encoders and motors. just a point in the right direction would be helpfull.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,978 Views)

There is no capability built into the LIFA firmware for working with quadrature encoders.  You will need to develop this capability.  There has been some discussion about this topic in the "Arduino Uno Labview Real Time" thread.  Read it for additional information.

hrh1818

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,978 Views)