From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple question about serial write and read for Arduino Labview interface

So I am controlling two stepper motors and have written an Arduino IDE code that includes microstepping and prompts the user to enter numbers 1-6.  Each of these numbers triggers an if statement that turns on one of the motors for a determined distance.  The serial monitor on arduino works perfectly but I wish to interact with the serial monitor on LabVIEW in the same exact manner.  I have been messing around with the "Continuous serial write and read.vi" in the example programs.  The VI works to a certain degree but once I type 1 in the write command path, the program will keep sending the command over and over again until the program is stopped.  I need it to send a single command, and wait for the next user input without queing additional commands.  I can provide the LabVIEW and Arduino files if needed. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,851 Views)

You'll want to look into Event-Driven Programming in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,817 Views)