LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on Arduino/Raspberry Pi Idea?

Hi everyone. I am part of a research group from UC Berkeley working on a product involving the Arduino/Raspberry Pi. We are conducting market tests, and would really appreciate your help answering these questions. Thank you for your time!

1. If you use Arduino/Raspberry Pi, how often do you use it? How do you use it? Would you consider it mostly a hobby or do you use it for school/industry as well?

a.How were you first introduced to it?

2. What are your general thoughts on the Arduino/Raspberry Pi? Did you learn to program by using the Arduino/Raspberry Pi or did you have some prior experience? If you had prior experience, how much? What languages are you well-versed in?

3. Would you be interested in a model-based approach to programming Arduino/Raspberry Pi functions? This would be something akin to Matlab’s Simulink or Labview’s visual programming (flowcharts). The basic idea would be to remove the need to code in C.

a.If you are not interested, why not?

b. If you are interested, what specific features would you enjoy?

c .Do you believe such a tool would be an efficient way to teach/introduce students to programming?

In addition, here is a 1-minute survey (on a similar subject) if you are interested:

Survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dkwyhC59I7h8IOuNFyL_tbjo7AFucTP0KQS0mYH1qy4/viewform

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,144 Views)

Is your survey about using either an Arduino or a Raspberry Pi board?  Or is your survey about a device that combines both  Arduino and Raspberry Pi?.  Things like Arduberry, AlaMode for Raspberry Pi or Chipkit Pi use a combination of Arduino and Raspberry Pi

hrh1818

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,997 Views)

My survey is for a graphical interface Arduino which is provided by our college capstone project at UC berkeley and their staff. The Arduino/Raspberry is trying to let people who use raspberry pi board aor arduino, because I thought it may be possible that people know Raspberry Pi but have not idea about arduino.

kevinkss

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,997 Views)

Well, this community that you have posted in is dedicated to the Arduino so we know what it is .

Your concept is basically LabVIEW embedded supporing Arduino.  It's a nifty concept and one that has been inquired about here occasionally (because many people believe that the LabVIEW code that we create with LIFA does exactly what you are trying to do; but of course they find out that the Arduino is merely a slave device/Fancy DAQ board).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,997 Views)

Thank you for your response

Actually, this is not my concept. It is a concept from the capstome project provided by UC berkeley and the firm. The firm are trying to develop this idea.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,997 Views)