LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Synchronization LIFA

hrh1818, you've mentioned this in the other thread but I still don't understand how that would work.  How do you tell the coordinator which Arduino to communicate with?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 44
(1,130 Views)

Yes, our system would be somethis like this:

cc.JPG

In LabVIEW, having a different ports (COM) wouldnt that communicate with the coordinator already?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 44
(1,130 Views)

Your question "In LabVIEW, having a different ports (COM) wouldnt that communicate with the coordinator already?"

A COM port is a hardware serial interface to an external device.  The XBee coordinator has only one hardware serial interface.  There is no physical means available for connecting additional COM ports to the coordinator.

hrh1818

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 44
(1,130 Views)

hrh1818, how would you be able to specify which node you are talking to with LIFA?  From what I read, you would need to be in API mode.  I saw a Java API for working with multiple Arduinos but that doesn't really help here (afaik).

This is a critical step in his developement and if it can't be done relatively easy then it should probably be known ahead of time.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 44
(1,130 Views)

Yes. This is not possible for LIFA? How will the Xbee coordinator get the data from each arduino xbee nodes. To one coordinator the to the labview?

Knowing that one-to-one communication is really possible. What I need is how will I be able to to a muliple-to-one communication?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 44
(1,130 Views)

The short answer is XBees can be connected in an network and uses a address similar to the way the Inernet  uses an address to ensure a message goes to the right location.  In this application a star network is being used.

hrh1818

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 44
(1,130 Views)

So meaning it is possible? How will get the data from xbee in base station. I mean how will i know if itnis from node 1,2 or 3? If possible can you show it to me from my uploaded labview?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 44
(1,130 Views)

I wonder if LVH LINX would work in multiple to one communication for this system?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 44
(1,130 Views)

Neither LIFA or LINX are designed to work with multiple Arduino's on the same "Xbee network" unfortunately.  So, neither one will work for you without serious modifications (I'm assuming it's not a simple modification).

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 44
(1,130 Views)

Any idea on what I should modify? Or what I should do?

But it is possible to have multiple arduino "Xbee network" but not using LIFA?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 44
(1,130 Views)