LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Synchronization LIFA

I have set a temperature for lets say, 100C, I will or should have a threshold of +-5C.

If it is beyond, 105C it will indicate a red LED. If below 95C, blue LED.

and if it is, beyond 110 and below 90, an alarm is activated.

Because if this will be processed in the LabVIEW, it will only add to program and will take more time as you have stated as well.

This is to reduce that processing time. So it should do it on the arduino itself.

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 44
(855 Views)

Yes, you can do that if you really want to assuming your LEDs and alarm are all controlled by digital pins on the Arduino.  But remember, code that you put onto the Arduino will also slow down the reaction time of LIFA.

If it does have a net effect of speeding it up, the question is:  is it really all that appreciable in your application?  If it's not appreciable, then it's probably not worth it.

The other thing is that if you are using an I2C or SPI device to read the temperature, you risk causing a race condition with that resource (I2C or SPI) if you are also using it in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 44
(855 Views)

You said: " I should have said, we know that to use LIFA, a default sketch will be uploaded right?"  NO!

You should have said we know that to use LIFA, the LIFA firmware must be uploaded.

You said: "in that sketch, can I add a code. A temperature indicator in which I don't have to send it to LabVIEW and be analyzed then send back to arduino. That is possible right?

You have three options.

1.  Create a modified version of the LIFA firmware for operating a temperature indicator.

2.  Use Labview code to decide when to tun on or turn off a temperature indicator and use LIFA to set the state of a digital pin.  For the relatively low sampling rate at which you will be taking temperature readings you don't gain enough to make it worth while to modify the LIFA firmware.

3.  Or use a non LIFA design.

hrh1818

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 44
(855 Views)

I will try both LIFA, and non LIFA to see which one is better. Will try to read more manuals and articles perhaps.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 44
(855 Views)