LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA resource Board Type default value

Hi,

I am using an Arduino Mega 2560. Everytime I open Labview I have to change the Board Type from 'Uno' to 'Mega 2560' in de VISA resource.

This is a lot of work, because I have to change it in every low level analog/digital read/write block. I tried to change te default value in some of the case statements, but this isn't working.

Does someone know how to change the general default value in 'Mega 2560'?

I hope someone can help me. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,578 Views)

On the block diagram you can right-click on the board type wiring wiring terminal and select create->constant. Change the constant to Mega and save your work.

If you need a front panel control then right-click on the board type wiring terminal and select create->control. Go to the front panel and change the control to the Mega. Right-click on the front panel control and select data operations->make current value default. Save your work and enjoy the result. (you should also update the label for the control! Uno is no longer the default).

Cheers

VI snippet.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,017 Views)

Drog, thanks for your help, I appreciate it!

Unfortunately I don't think this is the solution, as in all of the read/write blocks for the pins the Board Type is still set to 'Uno'. Also I tried to change the default value in the Init.vi file, but that didn't help either.

But when I select 'Mega2560' in all the blocks, I still can't use analog pin numbers higher than 5 so maybe something else is wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,017 Views)

-Martijn-

You should never have to enter every sub VI to change the board type.  When you specify a board type in the init VI that information will be passed along in the 'Arduino Resource' cluster.

Can you post your code so we can take a look at it?  I checked the code that checks to make sure the pin you specified exists, and it should support analog inputs 0-8.  It looks like we should update this to allow AI0-AI15.

-Sam K

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,017 Views)