LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What about FPGA package?

I purchased the Arduino Labview bundle from sparkfun.com (registered as a hobby user) and I am having lots of fun, so thank you NI dudes!

However, I would like to know if NI and sparkfun are going to offer a cheap FPGA board and Labview FPGA package at any point in time like the LIFA package that is not an evaluation?

I know you guys have the ELVIS but that model is way too expensive and for university students only.

Thanks

RB

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,335 Views)

About the lowest cost FPGA development board I have seen is a Digilent Basys2.  See:

<http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavPath=2,400,790&Prod=BASYS2>

Digilent shows a $49.00 student price.

I don't know what you gain by using Labview with the Basys2. But maybe you can create a Labview interface to Diligent's Adept utility program.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,725 Views)

LIFA is free because it was essentially developed for fun (hobby).  FPGA is a totally different story.  (Note that I am not an emplyee but this is the way that I understand it).

Oh, and FYI, there is no "hobby" version of LabVIEW.  It is a student version and requires that you are a student (legally).  It would be awesome if they actually did have a "hobby" version though.  The last time that I saw, this suggestion was made to NI but they said that it was not going to happen.  Maybe that will change in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,725 Views)

Programming an FPGA in a Hardware descriptive language (HDL) is like programming a microcontroller in assembly( not too fun). But to program it in Labview FPGA now thats fun.  hrh1818 I already own that board but thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,725 Views)