LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change LVIFA_Base.pde in order directly to acquire a simple digital signal

Hi, all

Jus a question about changing LVIFA_Base.pde. I would like to acquire simple digital signal which is encoder pulse (binary 1 and 0). As posted, using LIFA for getting encoder data is not good enough. So, I want to insert some code in LVIFA_Base.pde. How can I do that?

Acurately reading 1 and 0 is necessary. Thank you all.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,926 Views)

For quadrature encoders you need to create custom functions in LIFA (both the firmware and LabVIEW) to take advantage of interupt pins.  You can make this simpler by using an encoder library for the Arduino.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,804 Views)

Can you show some example that provides how to create custom functions in LIFA(both firmware and LABVIEW)?

Even though I know how to make a encoder code in Arduino, I do not know how to handle LVIFA_Base.pde. The example would be helpful to me.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,804 Views)

You just have to look at existing functions.  I would recommend one of the simple ones like "Digital Write Pin" or something.  I think I started by just duplicating "Digital Write Pin" into a new case of the switch and tested it just like that then modified it from there testing it along the way.  In January, I'm going to extract my encoder code from my project and post it here as a Document.

Message 4 of 4
(2,804 Views)