LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem of updating the LIFA Arduino mega

hello my friends,

when i use arduino uno i didn't find any problem but when i use arduino mega  i have problem in uploading the code in arduino mega (i use Labview 2012)Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,997 Views)

Can you post the build output (the orange text).  Did you make sure to select the correct COM port and board type in the Arduino IDE?  Can you deploy a simple sketch to the Arduino MEGA?

Thanks!

-Sam K

LIFA Developer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,623 Views)

the problem is in LIFA.pde ,  problem in IR remote (library),version of labview interface arduino is 2.2.0.79 when i use version in VI PACKAGE MANAGER (version 2.20.78)

i didn't find in my disc firmware for arduino  to uploading so the problems is in two new version

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,623 Views)

Version 2.2.079 has been the current version for quite some time now (since August 2012 IIRC) and should be the default in the VI Package Manager (note that you can get all the older versions with the VI Package Manager also).

It sounds like one of the libraries is getting loaded twice.  If you could provide the whole output of the compiler error (the orange text) along with the answers to Sammy's other questions, it will be much easier to help you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,623 Views)

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. I would really, really like to be able to use LabVIEW with the Mega, as I have three of them, powering different robots. I have the correct board and port selected in the 'Tools' menu.

These are the error messages I get.

Using Arduino IDE beta 1.5.5:

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-5-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/RobotIRremote/src/IRremoteTools.cpp:5: error: 'TKD2' was not declared in this scope

Using Arduino IDE 1.0.5:

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `IRrecv':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:268: multiple definition of `IRrecv::IRrecv(int)'

IRremote.cpp.o:IRremote.cpp:217: first defined here

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `MATCH(int, int)':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremoteInt.h:179: multiple definition of `irparams'

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.3.2/../../../../avr/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `irparams' changed from 158 in IRremote.cpp.o to 206 in Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `IRrecv':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:268: multiple definition of `IRrecv::IRrecv(int)'

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `IRrecv::resume()':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:379: multiple definition of `IRrecv::resume()'

IRremote.cpp.o:IRremote.cpp:332: first defined here

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `IRrecv::decodeNEC(decode_results*)':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:454: multiple definition of `IRrecv::decodeNEC(decode_results*)'

IRremote.cpp.o:IRremote.cpp:383: first defined here

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `IRrecv::decodeSony(decode_results*)':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:502: multiple definition of `IRrecv::decodeSony(decode_results*)'

IRremote.cpp.o:IRremote.cpp:431: first defined here

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `IRrecv::getRClevel(decode_results*, int*, int*, int)':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:690: multiple definition of `IRrecv::getRClevel(decode_results*, int*, int*, int)'

IRremote.cpp.o:IRremote.cpp:478: first defined here

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `IRrecv::decodeRC5(decode_results*)':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:729: multiple definition of `IRrecv::decodeRC5(decode_results*)'

IRremote.cpp.o:IRremote.cpp:517: first defined here

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `IRrecv::decodeRC6(decode_results*)':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:764: multiple definition of `IRrecv::decodeRC6(decode_results*)'

IRremote.cpp.o:IRremote.cpp:552: first defined here

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `IRrecv::decode(decode_results*)':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:388: multiple definition of `IRrecv::decode(decode_results*)'

IRremote.cpp.o:IRremote.cpp:341: first defined here

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `IRrecv::blink13(int)':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:299: multiple definition of `IRrecv::blink13(int)'

IRremote.cpp.o:IRremote.cpp:252: first defined here

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `IRrecv::enableIRIn()':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:274: multiple definition of `IRrecv::enableIRIn()'

IRremote.cpp.o:IRremote.cpp:224: first defined here

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `IRsend::enableIROut(int)':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:239: multiple definition of `IRsend::enableIROut(int)'

IRremote.cpp.o:IRremote.cpp:184: first defined here

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `IRsend::space(int)':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:232: multiple definition of `IRsend::space(int)'

IRremote.cpp.o:IRremote.cpp:177: first defined here

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `IRsend::mark(int)':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:224: multiple definition of `IRsend::mark(int)'

IRremote.cpp.o:IRremote.cpp:169: first defined here

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `IRsend::sendRC6(unsigned long, int)':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:145: multiple definition of `IRsend::sendRC6(unsigned long, int)'

IRremote.cpp.o:IRremote.cpp:138: first defined here

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `IRsend::sendRC5(unsigned long, int)':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:123: multiple definition of `IRsend::sendRC5(unsigned long, int)'

IRremote.cpp.o:IRremote.cpp:116: first defined here

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `IRsend::sendRaw(unsigned int*, int, int)':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:108: multiple definition of `IRsend::sendRaw(unsigned int*, int, int)'

IRremote.cpp.o:IRremote.cpp:101: first defined here

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `IRsend::sendSony(unsigned long, int)':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:90: multiple definition of `IRsend::sendSony(unsigned long, int)'

IRremote.cpp.o:IRremote.cpp:83: first defined here

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o: In function `IRsend::sendNEC(unsigned long, int)':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:70: multiple definition of `IRsend::sendNEC(unsigned long, int)'

IRremote.cpp.o:IRremote.cpp:63: first defined here

core.a(Tone.cpp.o): In function `__vector_13':

/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Tone.cpp:535: multiple definition of `__vector_13'

Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp.o:/Applications/Development & Electronics/Arduino 1-0-5.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/Arduino_IRremote_master/IRremote.cpp:311: first defined here

Lachlan
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,623 Views)

Since LIFA has not been updated for some time (and won't be udpated anymore), you will not be able to use the latest IDE version.  Using 1.0.5, make sure you don't have multiple of the same file loaded when you compile.  Also, make sure that you don't have libraries registered via Arduino IDE that are included with LIFA.  If that doesn't pan out, I would try a slightly older IDE (at least 1.0).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,623 Views)