LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph cursor mystery

I have troubles understanding how to use cursors on a XY graph. I can create a cursor, snap it to a graph and move it around.

However, as soon as I use another Graph tool (such as zoom, etc), I can't grab the cursor again. The only work around that seems to work is delete the cursor and crete another one.

Any comments?

X.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,047 Views)

Are you seeing this behavior in operate mode or edit mode. I am guessing you are using operate mode. Operate mode seems to be working for me and I am running it on Mac...but that should not matter to my understanding.

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,041 Views)

I'm assuming the problem is that after you are done panning/zooming that the cursor is no longer visible, and thus you can't easily grab it again. If so, then the solution should be to use the 'Center Cursor' button within the cursor legend. Until we have support for direct coordinate entry in the cursor legend, this is the only solution to bring the cursor immediately into view. Hope this solves your problem!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,030 Views)

I am seeing this in run mode (on Windows XP/IE 8), and no, it is not an issue of disappearing cursor: I just can't act on the cursor with my mouse, whether I use the right or left mouse button or any modifier key. Once I use another graph tool, I can't seem to be able to grab back the cursor... 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,022 Views)

I see. I think I know what the issue is. Currently, the graph tool palette doesn't do the best job of indicating its current selection, or more to point, it doesn't let you know that you currently have no tool selected. After you select a tool, you must deselect it so that you can interact with items such as cursors. If any tool is currently selected, you can not act on a cursor. The fact that the tool palette doesn't visually indicate that no tool is selected is certainly a bug, but the workaround is to just press the same tool selection again to deselect it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,015 Views)

Well, as you may have guessed, that possible "feature" had come to my mind, but unfortunately, it does not work with me (I just checked again to make sure).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,007 Views)