LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Existing LabVIEW Client Application in Tablets and Phones with Control

Hello,

I have one requirement of executing an existing LabVIEW client application in Tables or Phones with all control functionality.

Brief description of Existing Application:

I have an application that runs on Windows 7 OS which communicates to server application through LabVIEW web services deployed on the server. Using my client application, I am passing data and getting response from server through LabVIEW Web Services.

Requirement:

Now, Same application I need to execute on tablets or phones. I had gone through several web pages where LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard, Remote Desktop etc.

I guess Data Dashboard wont support controlling part and used for monitoring purpose. Can anyone help me which will be the best way for this.

Regards,

Naresh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,149 Views)

Hi nnarra,

Have you seen this post here?  It gives a pretty good overview of what can and can not be done with LabVIEW Web Services and clients on different platforms.  

You should be able to use Data Dashboard 2.0 to comunicate with your Web Service in the way that you discribed, depending on the different data types that you are planning on interacting with.  Currently this is available on iPad 2 and later.  

Else, you can (as discribed in the post I linked) you can create your own HTML and JavaScript to be your Web Service Client on any device (phone, tablet, PC, etc.)

Hope this helps!

KiraT

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,142 Views)