Did you mean: 

link to another page

I have a question (Please have a look on the attached file):

There are 2 vix:
1.       PageA.vix
2.       PageB.vix 

There is a PageBButton in PageA.vix.
There is a PageAButton in PageB.vix.

After I built and deployed the project as xap and html file, setting PageA.vix as Startup page, I can only view PageA.vix in Internet Explorer.
What I want to do is to click something  (Button, Hyperlink, etc) in PageA to go to PageB (i.e. another vix file), and pass the data (for example: a string, a boolean) from PageA to PageB, so that I can view both PageA.vix and PageB.vix in Internet Explorer.

My question is:
How can I click something in one page to go to another page and pass the data in one page to another page?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,337 Views)

Hi,

I have a couple of additional questions about your application.  First, are both web pages going to be hosted on the same server?  Also, are you wanting to navigate from page A to page B or just open page B in an additional Tab/Window?

To pass the data between the two pages you will need to use a functional global variable and Web Services.  Are you familiar with Web Services in LabVIEW?

Regards,

Greg H.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,323 Views)

1. Are both web pages going to be hosted on the same server?

Yes, they are hosted on the same server.

2. Are you wanting to navigate from page A to page B or just open page B in an additional Tab/Window?

I want to navigate from page A to page B rather than just open page B in an additional Tab/Window.

3. Are you familiar with Web Services in LabVIEW?

I know how to deploy Web Services in LabVIEW and how to use shared variables, but I know nothing about  functional global variable .

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,318 Views)

Hi,

I do not think you will be able to do this with a booleon.  You can use the Hyperlink Control which can be found under Strings & Text when editing the user interface for you WebUI.

Regards,

Greg H.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,306 Views)