LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2009 book recomendation

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm looking for a good beginner/intermediate text book for LV 2009 (to use as a class text) and I've found two that seem very similar, but with different costs:

Any personal recomendations from anyone?

LabVIEW 2009 Student Edition

Learning with LabVIEW 2009

Both books are by the same author (inc NI) with the same publication date (Dec 2009) , and both have 752 pages (according to Amazon), but contrary to what you might expect the LVSE costs $35 more than the L/w LV version.

I'd rather not buy both just to find out.

Any insights?

(ps: all the other texts serm to be LV8.x)

Phil.

Get a life? This IS my life!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,175 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Philbot

"LabVIEW for Everyone Graphical Programming Made Easy and Fun" Third Edition by Jeffrey Travis and Jim Kring.

Off-hand I think the only difference in LV 2009 not covered by that book are advanced topics. My bosses uses that text to teach LabVIEW at Carnegie Mellon.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 6
(3,169 Views)

Ben wrote:

"LabVIEW for Everyone Graphical Programming Made Easy and Fun" Third Edition by Jeffrey Travis and Jim Kring.

Off-hand I think the only difference in LV 2009 not covered by that book are advanced topics. My bosses uses that text to teach LabVIEW at Carnegie Mellon.

Ben

agreed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,146 Views)

Ben wrote:

what do they know anyways...Smiley Very Happy

*sense the sarcasm*
Message Edited by for(imstuck) on 06-15-2010 12:49 PM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,131 Views)

What I can see, why the student edition is more expensive, is that it comes bundled with LabVIEW student edition software, so that might be why.

LabVIEW 8.6 / 2009 / 2010
Vision Development Module 8.6 / 2009 / 2010
VBAI 3.6 / 2010
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,983 Views)

Thank you... that makes total sense.

I got the recommended text, and the 2009 text.  Both are mamoth!!!!!

Get a life? This IS my life!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,960 Views)