ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3054B acquisition

Hi,

I got the tktds3k.zip from NI, and simply use tktds3k Read Waveform Measurement.vi to get a minimum value of a wavefore from the 3054B. This VI is modified by adding a while loop. With 1KHz external triggered, I was suppose to have 1,000 values per second, but it turns out to be only 30-40.  Is there anybody can give a hand?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,411 Views)

Hi Feng,

You mentioned that you put the read waveform.vi in a loop. Did you add any timing within that loop structure? Try adding a wait function with enough time for the program to finish execution.

Thank you,

Ryan

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,382 Views)

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your reply. I put a wait function in the loop, and tried to vary it from 1 to 10 ms, the result of the number of Min value I obtained is the same. The operation of the 3054B with the application program is synchronized by *WAI.

I attached the VI for your information.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,372 Views)

Hey Feng NI,

Have you tried running the initialize.vi first? Look at the VI tree to see what instrument VIs perform certain actions. Try and run the initialize.vi followed by the read waveform measurement.vi.

Thank you,

Ryan 

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,353 Views)
I think that expecting a measurement every 1 msec might be way too optimistic. You are sending several commands with each iteration of the driver function, then the scope is synched with the *WAI and this will take some finite amount of time, then the measurement has to be transfered over the bus. Some of time can be reduced by not sending redundant commands with every call (i.e. you don't have to configure the measurement each time). Is the scope acquiring a new waveform with each trigger? This too will take some time and the *WAI may be the main culprit in how fast you can acquire and transfer.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,349 Views)