LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d picture property node bug?

I've noticed somethings recently that seems odd and may be a bug or may be intended (but still kind of quirky) behaviour.

It's apparently not possible to have a property node for a 3d picture linked via a reference to a 3d picture.  Each property node needs to be intrinsically tied to a specific control or indicator.

Attaching up a 3D picture reference to a property or invoke node yields no methods and no properties yet property nodes and invoke nodes can be created by right-clicking on the terminal and choosing them directly.

Any ideas why this is so?

I've observed this in LV 2011 and 2012.

3d picture nodes.png

Normally we only have a single entry for property nodes or invoke nodes whereas here we have two as if Lv acn't decide what object type the 3d picture is.....

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,130 Views)

I am confused.

Your image shows the option to create reference just above your green outline.

What am I missing that you are looking to find?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,100 Views)

The green region gives you the option to Create a Reference, Property Node, or Invoke Node for the control which happens to be a RefNum control.  The red region gives you the normal menu you are looking for.

Same thing happens for all reference controls, VI refs, .NET, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,096 Views)