cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

63.2% of Time Response with Raw Data

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone!

I am new to Labview and finding it hard to start doing my code. 

I have raw data in an Excel file with multiple sheets and want to put it in a chart/graph that can show me the 63.2% response time of each signal.

I also want to put all of these data in each graph and all of it in one graph.

I have a sample image that we previously used but this one was done in Origin and Excel so I want to try and do it in Labview because I think it is more convenient.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(604 Views)

You need to hire a LabVIEW Consultant, as the task you've asked us to "do for you" ("for free") is definitely not a task for someone who is trying to learn LabVIEW (and would not be assigned to a "new learner").

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(574 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lalalastel

You can definitely do all that in LabVIEW. start with the learning resource listed at the top of the forum.

Maybe break the task down into a few easy steps and debug the separately.

1. Can you read the file? Do you have the report generation toolkit? You can find tools to set the current worksheet, so just iterate over all of them, getting data from each.
  2. Can you graph the data of one sheet? How about all?
  3. Now, the analysis of the small step (a ~0.5% change in resistance). You have a good estimate of the limiting values, so you could easily do a nonlinear fit of a function with two segments and four parameters: (1) Initial amplitude, (2) position of step start, (3) exponential time constant, (4) final asymptotic value. If the fit is good, you can get your result from the exponential constant directly. 1-(1/e)=63.2%, right?

See how far you get. All these steps are simple if you know LabVIEW. If you are new, you need to learn the basics first.

Message 3 of 5
(558 Views)

I've tried using the control design vi to try and get the time response in my Excel file. I know this is only a minor problem, but I can't seem to find what it is. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(468 Views)

Thank you for your reply. It helped me a lot. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(452 Views)