LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.1.1. Maintenance Release mass compile errors

I am trying to install the 7.1.1 Maintenance Release for Labview.  I ran the 7.1.1 setup.  Then I tried to do the mass compile that is required.  I went to Tools--->Advanced--->Mass Compile.  I opened the LabVIEW 7.1 directory and then selected current directory.  The mass compile started.  After just a few minutes I received a long list of "Bad VI" and "Bad Sub VI" errors.  I have seen posts from others with the same problem, but none of them were answered.

[The reason I updated to 7.1.1 Maintenance Release was because of errors with a Matlab script node.  I am trying to use a Matlab script node but I'm getting a "Matlab error 1050.  Contact support for further information."  Other threads said that this error could be solved by updating to 7.1.1 Maintenance Release].
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,491 Views)
Hi bos7586,

I hope you're doing well.  It sounds like you're having trouble getting your 7.1.1 upgrade to mass compile correctly.  I realize you receive a long list of VIs that are "bad", but is there a way you can point us to where these VIs reside?  It may be a particular toolkit that may not be compiling correctly.  Are they all from one particular sub-folder in the LabVIEW 7.1 directory?  If you aren't quite sure how to narrow this down, you may want to just do mass compiles on individual sub-folders in the vi.lib folder, as a way to divide and conquer.  Unfortunately, without more information, we may be limited in the suggestions we would have.  If you can provide some more details, we can see if we can help further.  Thanks!

Thaison V
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,469 Views)

Hello, I am having the same problem. Tried mass compiling individual folders, but get Bad VI error all over again. Please suggest a solution. Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,141 Views)

Hi Zebraa,

I looked in the readme file for this release and in the known issues section I found some information thart might be helpful. Here it is:

http://ftp.ni.com/support/softlib/labview/labview_development_system/7.1.1/windows/English/readme.ht...

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Perry S.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,130 Views)