LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Synchronization

Hi all,

Hopefully this is probably a very simple question.

I am sampling 8 AI channels on the same device and require all channels to be synchronized...

Will they be automatically synchronized (as they are all AIs and from the same device)? Or will I have to include some triggering etc?

Thanks.

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,329 Views)

Most AI devices only have one Analog to Digital conversion circuit.  So when you setup a DAQ task to sample from 8 AI channels all on the same device, the card will actually sample from one at a time switching between them very fast.  The only devices that will actually sample from all channel at the same picosecond (or about) are cards with simultanious sampling.  These cards are generally used to look at something like a 3 phase measurement where you have to see what all 3 phases are doing at the same picosecond.

So to answer your question about syncrhronization.  There isn't anything needed extra.  Just make a task with all channels you want, perform the read and you'll get all of your samples at roughly the same time.  If you truely need them at the same time you'll need simultanious sampling cards but for most applications this isn't needed.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,300 Views)

This is useful:

M Series Synchronization with LabVIEW and NI-DAQmx

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,280 Views)