LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Signal Names (Headers) to Write To Measurement File vi

Hello, I'm a beginner to LabVIEW and need help with writing headers to my file created through the Write to Measurement File vi. I have one DAQ Assistant with eight different outputs, each output having its unique identifier. I'm reading the outputs to the Write to Measurement File vi but when I view the xlsx file, the headers show up as 'untitled 1", "untitled 2", etc. How can I display the correct header name to the final file?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(114 Views)

Please attach your VI so we can more clearly see what you are doing.  Many of us don't have the latest LabVIEW version, so it is best if you "Save for Previous Version" and specify LabVIEW 2019 or 2021.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(88 Views)

Hi Bob, I've attached a similar vi to what I'm working with. What I'm trying to do is get headers for the various signals and numeric controls to the saved xlsx file. I've tried with "Set Dynamic Data Attributes" but it's very clunky given how many signals I need headers for. Any inputs would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(46 Views)

Hi asb,

@asb328 wrote:

What I'm trying to do is get headers for the various signals and numeric controls to the saved xlsx file. I've tried with "Set Dynamic Data Attributes" but it's very clunky given how many signals I need headers for. Any inputs would be appreciated!

when you want to use ExpressVIs and their DDT datatype wires then you need to use even more ExpressVIs (SetDynamicdataAttributes) to apply labels to your signals!

To make it a little less clunky you should think about using a loop to label one signal after the other: you only need one instance of SetDynamicDataAttribute:

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(42 Views)