cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add array in to a cluster

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a sub vi that takes a string and a numeric array in.  This sub Vi is called multiple times throughout the program running, and each time it is run, the string and numeric array coming in will be different.  I want both the string and the numeric array to be stored for later use (once the entire program is finished running, I need access to all of the content stored each time this sub vi was called).  I can successfully add the string to an array of strings using the build array function, and I tried to do the same for the numeric array and make an array of numeric arrays, but I learned that LabView does not support an array of arrays, so I created a cluster of numeric arrays.  I need to add the numeric array coming in to the cluster of numeric arrays without overwriting the content that is already in the cluster from previous times the sub VI was run.

I'm using LabView 2016, any suggestions on how to similarly accomplish what I did with building the array of strings with my cluster of numeric arrays would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,627 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ryancam

You want an array of cluster of array.

Each new array and string you build into a cluster.  Then concatenate that new cluster element into the end of the array of clusters.

Message 2 of 3
(2,614 Views)

Use something like this:

ai.png

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,607 Views)